Famous Last Words - The final post

This week's reading was a free read weekend. Partly for ease of not having to go the library and also to try something new I watched the free online video. I found these videos somewhat challenging because they were not simply telling a story. They told some facts about the origin of the story and also how they related to other stories such as Greek mythology. Overall this class has pushed my boundaries with writing creatively. Most of my writing in college has always been educational in manner with no room for creativity or writing an actual story. I have never been the type of person that wants to sit down and write and story and I was surprised how easily many of the ideas came to me for the assignments. I loved being able to write a story based on an Indian tale and then read someone else's interpretation of that same story. I noticed that one of the favorite stories to write about seemed to be the "chicken little" type story. The story about the sky falling and everyone following the lead of one person. That is one of my favorites and I'm sure its one that was very familiar to many people so it was chosen a lot. Overall I'm happy that I took this class (even if it was a lot of work). It pushed my boundaries and has made me a little bit better of a writer. The only way to get better at something is to practice it and writing is one of those things for me. I have one more paper to write this semester and I'm happy its coming to an end to get a much needed break. My plans next week are to study, study and study some more!

My feeling every semester! That much closer to the finish line! funnybeaver

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story