feedback thoughts

The article A Simple 5-Second Habit to Rewire Your Harshly Self-Critical Brain was interesting because I think everyone suffers from goal setbacks. Finding a strategy that works to overcome the setbacks is what separates success from failure. Personally I struggle with finding a feeling of accomplishment with the little things. I think I get overwhelmed with the big picture sometimes and setbacks push that end goal further into the distance. This REBS strategy to rewire your brain sounds almost too good to be true. I am never one to turn down advice to improve my stress levels so I may try this strategy. The article did say that it takes time to rewire your brain using this REBS so I plan to enact this during fall semester and see if my stress levels are reduced. My initial feeling is that this is not something that works for every person and it depends on your personality if small mantras will indeed reduce stress.
The article Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head was a problem I didn't know I had until I read this article and related to it very personally. I like to think of myself as a very level headed and hard working person. Hearing critical comments about myself are often times over analyzed because I am a people pleaser. I want to be a good worker and a good boss someday and at the moment a good student. I do not think this relates to me as far as feedback on writing. Negative comments about my work ethic and effort would have a much larger negative effect on me. I do often find myself downplaying positive compliments about myself. I think this is a defense mechanism so as to not disappoint people in the future or to take the attention off of myself. I will try and hear positive comments people say and take criticism with a grain of salt. I do work hard and I should not down play compliments about the success I may have in my future.

My mistakes help me grow.
Source: Pinterest

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story