Topic Brainstorm

Kamadhenu.jpg
Mata Kamadhenu (Mother of Cows) Source: Wikipedia



The first topic I am interested in writing about is the women of the epics. I like the idea that there are so many strong women that are told about in these Indian Epics and the drama that comes with them. I think that using a character such as Subhadra and building the story with her connections other women of the epics could be something I could base my project on. I might consider telling the stories with a modern twist and make them take place in current day. I do not know anything on the subject currently but I feel like this would be a good project because there are so many strong females leads in many of the stories.
The second topic I am interested in writing about is birth stories. I do not know much about the birth stories so if there are not enough for a project I would also include death stories like others have done for their past projects. I am a mother so instantly birth stories connected with me because each is unique especially when it comes to Indian epics. I think I could possibly tell these birth stories by having each character tell their own birth story and death story.  Using a character like karna to tell his own birth story would give a different and more personal perspective.
The third topic I am interested in writing about is reincarnation. I chose this because the idea of reincarnation has always interested me and I do not know much about the topic. Telling the story of Sita would also connect my interest of women of the epics.  I would tell the story from the life of Padmavathi and previous life as Sita. To do this project I would do a lot of research into reincarnation and ensure I was telling the story fully understanding the belief and importance.
The final topic I am interested in writing about is animals, natural and supernatural. I would approach this story by finding a connection between certain animals and telling the stories about them. I do not think I would like to focus on only one type of animal. Kamadhenu is one animal I would tell the story of because of the importance of cows in Indian culture. I would like to learn how these animals are a part of indian epics and how they connect with the human and mythological side of these tales.

Comments

  1. I love the fact that you are interested in the north stories and reincarnation idea. Karna was the eldest son of Kunti and also the eldest brother of the 5 Pandavas but he was not accepted because of the fact that he was the child born before Kunti was married and so she had to let him go and could not accept him. Also Sita a character you mentioned after the war with Ravana she was not accepted by the public and was asked to give the fire purity test it is so interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story