Week 8 Reading and Writing

Shantanu sees the beautiful fisherwoman Wikipedia
I chose this picture because this story was really memorable for me. I thought it encompassed drama, sadness and humor at times. I also think this picture is a very beautiful painting. 

 Overall I think my reading and writing assignments are coming along smoothly. I am finding it easier to finding stories that I want to write about in my notes. Creative writing has never been my strong suite. That is why I chose the portfolio option. I wanted to challenge myself by trying different techniques in writing my stories. The portfolio gave me the freedom to write more often about different types of stories. I am happy so far with  my blog and my portfolio site. Every week I continue to edit them both and they are getting closer to a finished project. My biggest accomplishment for this class has been writing on a consistent basis. Reading, note taking and story writing four days a week was a struggle at first. I have never been a natural writer so gaining confidence and motivation has been a big accomplishment. My favorite reading so far has been ramayana. I think that it is my favorite because after spending so much time reading and then also watching the movie, it is a story I finally feel like I have an understanding of. A lot of times I have a hard time keeping up with the names and relations of people in the stories.

Looking forward I want to continue to push my boundaries with writing. I have tried many of the writing techniques that were provided for us. I want to continue to try different types of strategies to re-imagine these Indian Epics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story