time strategies




Time management is something that I have struggled with ever since I started taking college classes again. I have a job, a husband who deploys regularly and two kids all along with a full time college class schedule. My battle with time management comes in waves, some weeks I feel so motivated and accomplished while others I struggle to keep up. The first article I read was "How Checklists Train Your Brain To Be More Productive And Goal-Oriented". I liked this article because I related to the satisfaction that you get from completing items on a checklist. My struggle is that the small items I put on a list don't give me the satisfaction or motivation if they are far from completing my overall goal. The second article I read was "Four Questions to Help You Overcome Procrastination". Since procrastination is something I have always struggled with this is an article I really needed to read. This semester to stick to my goals and my schedule I will reference back to this article. Personal goals I have for school is to stay at the library for at least one hour after class on the three days I am on campus. The additional hour that I have scheduled to complete class tasks will be done in the evening at home. My biggest time challenge this semester will be taking three online classes and staying on top of the tasks, since online classes typically have more homework items that are due.

Source: thumbpress


Comments

  1. You are a full time mom and a college student it is so difficult and I understand as a college student i personally procrastinate and that is why I am finishing up assignments and getting ahead of class so that I can be ahead and focus my attention on my major classes as I do political science Pre Law and am in choir too. I can definitely relate to the fact that you feel very satisfied when you know you are ahead of the game and then you are motivated to do more and more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story