week 2 reading overview


Source: Indian Epics images Ahalya, wife of Gautama



For week three I have chosen to read Narayana's Ramayana. I like the fact that there is an online reading plan to keep me on track. In the past I have read other books that speak in an old style language and I have trouble concentrating. I much prefer to read something that reads like a novel and I think I will take in more of the information rather than reading and not retaining any of the information.
The first comic book that caught my interest was "Shiva Parvati: A story of divine love". This comic sounds interesting because the overview has a lot of drama. I think a story like this would keep my attention rather than stories about war or violence. The second comic that caught my attention was "Sukanya: The princess who married a sage". The story seemed interesting from reading the overview as well. Even though the introduction already gave away the ending the story seems like something that I would read for fun. The video I am interested in is Ramayana: The story of Diwali. I like that the video is animated so it tells more of the story than just reading a comic. Sometimes animation is more interesting that watchin actors portray mythological creatures. The other video I want to watch is powerful women of Hindu mythology. As a woman this video interests me to see how women are portrayed in historical mythology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to the college mom

Diary of a Smelly Fish Woman week 6 story